Instructions For Joining Marine Moms Online
Marine Moms Online has two ways to participate in our support group.
There is Marine Moms Online Email, and Marine Moms Online Message Forum.
Marine Moms Online mail is handled through Yahoo Groups. You will need to get a Yahoo ID and password to be able to join and access our private mailing group. Please follow the instructions below:
1. Print this page before proceeding so you can refer back to it.
2. Go to - Marine Moms Online Yahoo Groups
3. Click on "Join this group" which is located on the right side of the title bar.
4. You will be taken to the Yahoo Groups page. If you already have a Yahoo ID, sign in with your user name and password and you will be taken to step 8 automatically. If you are not currently a member of Yahoo, click on "Sign Up Now."
5. The next page will ask for information from you to obtain a Yahoo ID and password. Fill in all the fields. Make sure that you enter the email address you want to use for Marine Moms Online in the Alternate email box. This should be your regular email address. When finished, click on "Submit This Form" at the bottom of the page. KEEP YOUR ID AND PASSWORD FOR FUTURE USE
6. The next page will ask you to sign in. Enter the Yahoo ID and password you have chosen. If you check the box "Remember my ID on this computer" you will not have to sign in each time to access MMO.
7. Next you will get a page that says "Registration Completed - Welcome to Yahoo". Your member ID and email will be shown. Click on continue to "Yahoo Groups"
8. The final page will be the Marine Moms Online Yahoo page. It will ask for your preferences. Fill these in and click "Join" at the bottom. Once your application has been received and approved by the moderator, you can begin accessing all of MMO's features. This may take a day or two. Don't forget to Bookmark this final page so you can return whenever you want.
Once your membership has been approved, you will receive a welcome packet with further information and the guidelines for posting.
Guidelines for posting messages to the MMO E-Mail Group
To Join the Marine Moms Online Message Forum, you will have to register separately from the Yahoo Email Group.
1. Go to: http://mmo.proboards10.com.
2. Click on Register. You will be sent a password by email. After you receive your password, return to the forum page, and click on login in. Once you are logged in, you can click on profile at the top of any page, and change your password, and set your preferences.
Guidelines for posting messages on the MMO Forum
Message Forum Guidelines:
To ensure the security of all the men and women serving in the military, and to ensure that respect is afforded to all the members of Marine Moms Online, please follow these guidelines when posting messages to this forum:
Locations: The only locations allowed to be posted regarding Military Personnel are those sites located within the United States and Japan. All other locations should be referred to as Overseas or Deployed.
Deployments: Do not post dates or locations of any deployments by any military personnel. Do not speculate about any future or possible deployments. Do not post information about any equipment, clothing, weaponry, or transportation being used in regards to deployment.
Personal Information: Do not post information about any military personnel or members of Marine Moms Online without their knowledge and consent. Do not post information containing Battalion, Company, Platoon, Battery, or other address information. This information should be communicated through email or Instant Message. Marine Moms Online has always had a policy against releasing the names of Marines (or other services) who are seriously injured or killed unless
it is a press release from an official military source
Recruit Training: Due to the secure location of Recruit Training, members may post Company and Battalion Names of Marine Recruits. Since Drill Instructors also have access to this forum, Do Not post Platoon Numbers.
Rumors: Do not post rumors or inflammatory information. Verify that all information posted to this forum is accurate.
Privacy: Do not post any information obtained in the emails received by Marine Moms Online Yahoo Group, or obtained in the files or data base located in the Yahoo Site, or other Web Sites that may be restricted for members only or copyrighted.
News Media: Any information that has been published or broadcast in any media form must still follow these guidelines when posted to this forum.
Age limit: All individuals posting to this forum must be over 13 years of age.
Moderation: Any posts which do not meet these guidelines will be edited. An Instant Message will be sent to the author explaining the reason for the edits. Posts will not be deleted without the consent of the author, unless they pose a flagrant violation of these guidelines.
Marine Moms Online was established as and remains to be a support group for Marines and their families. We are all here for the same reason, and must show each other respect and kindness to deal with having a member of our family serving our country in these difficult times. If you have any questions or concerns about these guidelines, disagree with the editing of your post, or have suggestions for improvements to our forum please contact me anytime.